- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes appropriate for the weather.
- Avoid wearing jewelry or expensive accessories.
- Make sure to safeguard expensive electronic devices.
- Have knowledge of the neighborhood you are going to and any recent activities that may put you at higher risk.
- Know the route you are taking to your client’s home. When possible, plan your route ahead of time.
- Stick to streets with good visibility.
- Walk rapidly and without fear while observing your surroundings.
- Walk near the curb or in the middle of the street to stay away from potential assailants hiding in buildings, trees, and shrubbery.